- February 22, 2022
- Posted by: Anil
- Categories: Blog, Sustainable Packaging
The whole world is moving towards sustainability. The buzzwords are Sustainable energy, sustainable ecosystem, sustainable businesses and overall, a sustainable ecosystem. All the visionary businesses and companies are marching towards sustainable products and services. Hence, sustainable packaging too will play a very important role for a cleaner and hence a safer future.
What is Sustainable Packaging?
Sustainable packaging is nothing but developing and utilizing packaging solutions that result in improved and enhanced sustainability. It simply means procuring, developing, and using packaging solutions that will have minimal footprints on our planet and hence minimal environmental impact. It is greener and friendlier and helps bring the carbon footprint down.
Sustainable packaging materials are always eco-friendly and economical. The packaging solutions are produced using recyclable raw materials. And they are not very expensive to produce. If it is only eco-friendly then only few can use it and hence sustainability factor is not met.
Why Sustainable Packaging?
Sustainable packaging is key to a better tomorrow due to the following reasons:
- Sustainable packaging materials are the most beneficial, safest, and healthiest for all communities involved in the lifecycle of the product.
- It is procured, produced, transported, and reused/ recycled using renewable energy sources.
- It optimizes the usage of recycled/ renewable raw materials.
- It is manufactured through cleaner and greener production techniques and industry best practices.
- The products are designed with the goal of optimization of materials involved and energy needed.
- It always meets the existing market criteria with respect to performance and costs attached.
- It is made of raw materials that have low carbon footprint and that are recyclable.
- It is always recycled and reused.
- It is manufactures with clean technology that has no harmful effects on health and safety of workers involved in manufacturing.
- It has high recyclability and recycle value which means that they are produced using materials that are frequently and easily recycled.
Few years or decades back, only a handful of businesses were focused on sustainable packaging materials, products, and solutions. However, the trend has changed, a lot more businesses are understanding the importance including packaging companies as well. With governments worldwide pushing for eco-friendly and sustainable processes, products, and solutions, this is the future. We should always remember that by making a choice of planet-friendly packaging supplies, processes, and products, we can minimize the waste and pollution that end up in our landfills and oceans.